Saturday, February 9, 2008

Random

Greetings from South Africa!
So things are slowly starting to normalize with our schedule here. Classes are causing homework and I have been busy with various office work and ministry activity. I want to give a more detailed look at what a week here is like for me but I'm going to wait till next week to do that. My monthly email newsletter will be coming out in the next two weeks as well. If you want it in your email just let me know via matt.peirce@gmail.com
Otherwise i will post the text of it on this blog.

For now a few random details will have to suffice.

1) Finances. God is providing greatly as I close the gap for my tuition. In the last week over $1000 has come in! I have well over 5,000 dollars now and only need a bit over $1000 to cover the full cost of my year here. Praise God! I still need more but have no doubt that he will provide it. My last payment is due march 15th. If you wish to give please let me know and I will give you all the necessary information.

2) Prayer
Each Wed. morning we have corporate prayer with the staff. It is done "African" Style. That is all-together as the spirit leads you.
The first week was nerve-wracking as I had very little idea how to do this and I did not want to come off as doing something "wrong". The last two weeks have been much different though.
I have truely gotten into the prayer, being honest, truthful and emotional as I almost never am during prayer. God is working richly during these times and Im so thankful for them.
Thank you all for your prayers of support, they are invaluable and amazing.

3)Yesterday.
Yesterday I took part in a Leadership Summit/Launchpad celebration/advertisement at the school in Qwa Qwa. We got to spend the morning organizing games for 600+ students at the Botisbelo Secondary school. Then the fellow interns and I did a skit advertising Leadership Summit and Launchpad for each separate class. We did the skit 12 times. Fun stuff. It was great hanging with all the students and pray that they will decide to attend Thrive's awesome programs.
After the morning we went to Hope House, an orphanage in Harrismith, for the first of what will be weekly visits. The kids range in age from new born to teenagers and are all incredible. Being able to play, teach, and love these kids each week will be a highlight of my time here.

4) photos.
My apologies for having no pictures on this actual blog. South African internet is tolerable but slower then American broadband and uploading photos on here takes too long. I have been posting photos on facebook so please check out there. If your not on the facebook network and want photos, let me know and I can probably email you some.


Thank you so much for your prayers and support and stay tuned for a full update on my responsibilities and activities here as well as my newsletter.

No comments: