Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Closing out a year but starting anew

I am very happy to be writing this from my own living room in my house in America.

I have made it safely back to America and my internship is officially over.

While my travels were long they were safe and (besides a little turbulence) very uneventful. Thank you for your prayers everyone.

This will be the last entry of my blog. I feel like I need to sum things up and I'm not sure how. I would recommend taking a glance of previous entries. They highlight different events, activities, and thoughts that were in my head during my year away.

I guess I'll sum it up like this: I have always wanted to go to Africa and God gave me the opportunity to go there for a whole year. He allowed me to hear about a great ministry called Thrive Africa and gave me the motivation to apply for the internship. He gave me classes, teaching and friends I'll never forget over there. South Africa is a beautiful country with beautiful people and I won't soon forget it. Thrive is doing great things and I look forward to staying in touch with the people I met there long into the future.

Here is the most significant thing that happened this year to me. God gave me clarity on what I probably want to do with the rest of my life. I think it'll involve teaching and atheists which has led me to my next immediate step in the land of the Czechs. But long term there are atheists everywhere and you can teach anywhere. But I want to be very clear about this: without my intern year in South Africa I would be at best an ineffective missionary and at worse, not a missionary at all. This year was exactly what I needed and God had it all figured out. He is truly a good and faithful king.

With the idea of starting the rest of my life I would love to have any and all my blog readers partner with me in my journey to the Czech Republic. If you have facebook I started a group, join it for the latest updates and ways to help. Also if you are confused why I am going to Europe go to my brand new blog dedicated to my next year. You can find it at mattpeirce.wordpress.org

Thank you all again for reading this. Stay Blessed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your "significant" paragraph? goosebumps, dude. goosebumps.

Unknown said...

Dude It has been awesome to see how you grew this year. Good luck with everything and good news I might be coming down to FL to see your race. Alright man blessings

Matt M.