Sunday, November 30, 2008

Last Entry From Inside Africa

I hop on a plane in less than 24 hours to go back home. My year-long internship with Thrive is at a close. It's hard to believe that my 10 months here are at a close. It's been an amazing year and I am so thankful I've had the opportunity to come and learn and grow and especially to get clarity on what I am doing next. While it'll be weird I'm happy to return to the states and enjoy some "home culture" for the next months.

I'll write a final entry when I arrive home safely in a couple days to officially close out this blog and point you in the direction of my new one (stay tuned).

South Africa is a beautiful country with incredible landscapes and people. It was a blessing every time I ran on our base and every time I got to meet a new person. While I am not returning to Africa for long-term work (at least at the moment) I will never forget it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's already not the same without you here, peirce!