Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Growth Spurt

This week we had our second class of LaunchPad where we handed out curriculum books to the students and taught Lesson 1 about living in Jesus' Name. We had the students break into small groups at the end of the lesson to discuss what they had learned (its a new inititive we are doing semester and a pretty cool one at that). Fun times.

The main thing I want to get across in this entry is growth.

We doubled our class size, having nearly 60 come after having just 30 the previous week. We are expecting growth this term and we are acting in faith about it too.
This week we brought a lot of extra paperwork and supplies for all the extra kids. I expected more but not a growth rate of 100%. We barely had enough books and pencils for everyone. I want 90 kids next week. I have no idea how many will come, but I'll tell you one thing, we'll be ready for them.

My next entry will be about running. I can just see the excitement on your faces. Stay tuned and be blessed.

No comments: