Thursday, September 18, 2008

Been sick

So another roadblock came up that prevented me from blogging.
I got sick.

Last Tuesday I woke up with a random but fairly painful thing in my throat. The rest of my body felt fine for the next few days but my throat worsened and by Friday I had a crazy fever and headache. I'm not used to being sick for more than a couple days so I figured it would just go away on its own. After a miserable weekend I finally conceded I needed a doctor and off I went on Monday morning.

After waiting 30+ minutes for the doctor to see me he lay me down and determined that yes, in fact, my throat was very sore (don't you just love doctors?). In fact I had strep throat. Never had strep throat in my life but South Africa is a good place to get it I guess.

In any case he gave me 3 kinds of pills including penicillin and a mouth gargle to ease my throat. After popping pills all week I'm not completely back but feeling much better.

The worse part is I had to skip basically a whole week of training but not all is lost. There is still a lot of time till January.

OK seriously the next entry will be about Thabang. I'm finding it is hard to keep blog promises but we'll see what happens. Stay tuned...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better!! (You have kind of a big day tomorrow with the party and all...the center of attention can't be sick!)

Liz said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! And yay for getting over strep throat!