Monday, April 28, 2008

Cornerstone Church

Hey Everyone!
Sorry for no updates since Botswana.
I still don't have my own laptop back. While it is getting fixed for free (which is fantastic) its taking a long time to get sent back. It's not a burden but it is annoying asking someone every time I want to do some work or write an email.

In any case a mission team from Cornerstone Church in Michigan was here with us this past week and were a total blessing. While it was an adult team they had a totally child-like passion for the ministry they were doing and did a fantastic job.
Two days last week I got to go out with the teams in Qwa Qwa and helped them start relationship evangelism.
Going out with them was great and totally fired me back up about being here. Some of the group had come last year and knew/remembered people who they had met from the year before.
One family had two older ladies as well as a crippled brother named Sco (not sure of spelling). We spent a few minutes with them and when they brought Sco out into the room he just smiled from ear to ear. He was so happy to see his friends return. We prayed for that family as well as a number of others. We planted a garden for a woman where she could plant vegetables and gave families bibles in Sesotho (the local language).
I also helped with an afternoon of children's ministry where the team basically led songs, games and Bible lessons for close to 100 kids the entire afternoon. While I was basically crowd control I had a great time just hanging with the kids trying to make conversation.

I feel almost comfortable now with being in Qwa Qwa amongst the people and it is really awesome. Thanks so much for your prayer and support. Lives are being changed here, one by one.

Blessings.

No comments: