Sunday, October 19, 2008

Discovering Podcasts

Before coming to South Africa and meeting the interns I had no idea what podcasts really were. Sure I had heard the term but had never bothered to look into them or what they were. When I get here I find out that many of my fellow interns uses podcasts to download sermons and many other things. Moreover, ALL podcasts are FREE.

I had no idea that such a great source of information on Itunes was free. I was mildly interested but my laptop was busted and the idea of downloading other church's services seemed a bit strange to me. Isn't one sermon a week enough? Why go searching for others?

My laptop returned fixed this month and than in a class I have here I learned that past interns here have used podcasts to download and listen to their own church's sermons every week. That idea intrigued me but I forgot about it until the evening. I was on my laptop about to look at podcasts when it hit me. I can get my own church's sermons!

A quick search confirmed they were there and I quickly subscribed and downloaded the most recent sermon. My church is doing a series on the fruit of the spirit. Not only was the sermon good but it was just great to hear my own pastor's voice again.
I'm headed home soon but it is very comforting to know that no matter where I am I can stay in touch with my home church in the future.

No comments: