Sunday, October 5, 2008

Testimonies from Leadership Summit

You may recall that in July I bound 5,000 Leadership Summit books with five other interns. I also said that I would have an indirect impact, never seeing how the students lives were changed. However I got to hand out books to students last month which was awesome.
And now to top that, Jen, the Leadership Summit director here at Thrive, sent the other interns and I testimonies from students. Its only halfway through the term but some of these testimonies are amazing. Here are just a few:

Motaung Mabatho

Leadership Summit helped me a lot because I used to hang with friends who gave bad advises. Living on Purpose and Save Sex helped me because I was a person who did bad things. It taught me that at my young age I should not drink but to save sex until I marry or get married because I will live a safe life and will have kids. I must be a strong teenager and have respect. I want to thank LS for helping me to have a safe life and for your prayers.

Radebe Simangele

I realized that after using the Save Sex book my life changed emotionally, that I can make good decisions for my life and to wait to have sex before getting married. I’m still a virgin and am proud of that. To keep my virginity is to not get involved in relationships. I now know that having sex before marriage is a sin in the eyes of God. I can choose good friends and not use alcohol.

Nhlapo Mantombi

Since the class sessions of LS came to out school and taught us about many things, I know that now I have to save sex for marriage. I don’t have to have sex when I’m still not married. I learned that alcohol and drugs are not right because they will drive me to have sex even though I haven’t drank alcohol or have used drugs before, I know that if I have some I can not control myself if I drink or use drugs because some people might take advantage of me because I’m drunk. It has changed my life because I now will not go to parties, I will not have sex, I will not drink or do drugs. It has changed my life because now I live my life God’s way. I read the Bible and go to church. That’s what I learned from the class of LS and I have learned more than that, I’ve learned so many things.

No comments: